13 Powerful Tactics to Build Your Email List Fast
Though email has been widely used for well over 25 years, it continues to remain one of the most powerful marketing tools in existence.
It may not be as “sexy” as some of the newer marketing techniques, such as push notifications and social media, but it continues to be incredibly effective at converting people into paying customers.
Consider these email statistics:
- By 2022, it’s expected that 4.3 billion people will use email on a regular basis.
- In 2017, 269 billion emails were sent and received every day.
- For every dollar you spend on email marketing, you can expect to get $32 in return (a 3,200% ROI!).
- 81% of businesses still rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel (compared to other platforms such as social media).
- The average open rate for a “Welcome” email is 82%.
- 49% of consumers say they would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a weekly basis.
With all the talk about the power of social media, it’s easy to forget just how effective email is when it comes to building your business.
But the truth is that email remains one of the most effective marketing tools out there. We may ignore notifications on social media, and we may screen our phone calls, but we still pay attention to our inboxes.
If you can gain access to someone’s inbox, then you have access to their attention, and there are few things more valuable than a person’s attention.
Erik Harbison puts it this way: “If Social Media is the cocktail party, then email marketing is the ‘meet up for coffee’. The original 1-to-1 channel.”
Simply put, if you have a business of any sort, you should be building your email list. Every address on that list represents potential customers and potential dollars in the bank. The larger your list grows, the more you’ll be able to directly interact with those who are truly interested in your business.
Because really, that’s what an email list is. It’s a list of people who have expressed interest in your business. There is something about your business that interests them, and they want more information. These are exactly the people you want to be marketing to.
Bottom line: there are few things more valuable to your marketing efforts than your email list.
But building an email list is no simple task. After all, people aren’t just going to give you their email address for no reason. With billions of spam emails being sent every day, it’s important to give people a compelling reason to give you their address. You need to know the secrets to getting others to give you their contact information.